The Payroll Accountant role is vital to the successful day-to-day operations and long-term growth of Enterprise Accounting overall. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as have expertise in SAP Financials and Excel. This candidate will also work under tight deadlines and provide a high level of customer service and analytics.
– Responsible for accounting processes primarily related to payroll accounting.
– Support Enterprise Accounting team in monthly payroll reconciliations and month end close activities.
– Reconcile Payroll Balance Sheet accounts monthly, resolve issues timely and ensure balances are properly supported and explained.
– Maintain General Ledger account mapping in the ADP payroll system
– Perform general ledger activities such as journal entries for accruals or expense account reclassifications.
– Perform account research and analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
– Generate periodic payroll reports to Managers for review
– Analyze payroll issues and provide appropriate action plans.
– Partner with other departments to ensure all internal controls are adhered to and financial statements are fairly and accurately presented.
– Review and analyze monthly activities for accuracy providing recommendations when opportunities for improvement are presented.
– Work with corporate, field finance, and ADP to resolve any reconciliation issues
– Ensure that internal and external customers are provided with timely and accurate assistance to facilitate good operational controls and minimize expenses
– Cross-train in other areas of the Enterprise Accounting department
– Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
– Perform other duties as assigned by management
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
– 5 or more years of experience required in accounting
– High level experience required for payroll cash and benefits reconciliations
– Experience with ADP payroll reports
– Understanding of GAAP and financial practices and procedures
– Must be comfortable working within a quarterly financial reporting regime and can manage multiple tasks under aggressive deadlines
– Experience with SAP preferred
– Strong verbal communication and written skills
– Good problem solving and organizational skills
– Ability to maintain effectiveness in changing work responsibilities and environment
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
– Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Will the candidate(s) work 100% remote or 100% onsite or temporarily remote ONLY during the pandemic? Temporarily remote, during the pandemic, and hybrid when it is determined by the company that it is safe for employees to return to the corporate office.
- If this resource is required to be onsite at any point during the contract, do you acknowledge that this resource must be vaccinated? Yes, all new employees and contractors working in our facilities must be vaccinated.
- Do candidates need to be local to interview? Yes
- Are masks required in your work location? Yes
- Is this position a driving role? No
- Will the resource be acting in a supervisory role? No
- Is this a safety sensitive position (ex, warehouse and other positions that require driving)? No
- Worksite Zip Code? 30309
- What is the shift going to be? M – F, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Is this contract to perm? No
- Potential for Extension? Yes
- Will this 40 hours work week? And Will there be OT required? The role is 40 hours per week and OT is possible, with prior approval from hiring manager.
- Interview process –
- When will you start interviewing? Immediately
- When is the anticipated start date? As soon as possible
- When is the end date of the project? The anticipated initial term is eight weeks. However, this role could be extended longer if the individual has the appropriate skillset for a long-term project we anticipate undertaking.